What is Thermo-Guard™?
Composed of a unique composite material, Thermo-Guard™ is thinner than a traditional hard/soft guard, but durable enough for the active nocturnal bruxer. Thermo-Guard™ becomes flexible under hot water, making it easier to insert and more comfortable to wear. When the material cools to intraoral temperature it becomes hard enough to protect your patients’ teeth and restorations.
Compared to Hard/Soft Guards
- Thermo-Guard™ is Self Adjusting: Heat it under hot water and the guard will mold to the teeth
- Thermo-Guard™ is Less Bulky: Superior wearability and patient comfort compared to traditional hard/soft guards
- Thermo-Guard™ has Faster Seating Time: Better fit reduces seating time and dimensional stability means fewer, if any, adjustments
When you receive the Thermo-Guard™ from the laboratory, it will have a
cloudy appearance. Not to worry, the cloudiness will disappear in about
48-72 hours, leaving a nice clear acrylic nightguard.
Thermo-Guard™ softens slightly in warm water so it conforms more readily to tooth contours. Immediately prior to insertion, immerse the Thermo-Guard™ in hot tap water for one to two minutes. This simple step will allow final customization for the patient’s optimum comfort.
What to Send
- Full arch upper and lower VPS impressions
- Centric bite or open bite with 2mm of posterior clearance
Dental Insurance Codes
- D7880 - Occlusal Orthotic Device, by report
- D9940 - Occlusal Guard, by report
- D8210 - Removable Habit Appliance